Burmese Prawn & Noodle Soup
- 400g prawns; Shelled, uncooked butterfly
- 600g vermicelli noodles; Rehydrated
- 20g red peppers; Finely sliced
- 60g beansprouts
- Coriander to garnish
- Lime wedges
- 100g Karimix Kaffir Red Curry Paste
- 800g coconut milk
- 200g water
- 4g salt to taste, if required
- Mix Karimix Kaffir Red Curry Paste with coconut in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Boil water and blanch peppers and sprouts for a few minutes. Drain and leave aside.
- Use the same water to cook prawns until just cooked. Drain and put to one side.
- Add water to the soup pot.
- Rinse noodles with hot water, mix with beansprouts and red peppers and serve into small bowls.
- Add hot soup, add prawns on top with a wedge of lime and garnish with coriander.
Tip: Use Karimix Kaffir Red Curry Paste to marinade haddock, with some thinly sliced lemongrass and bake.