Ginger Salmon Teriyaki with Crispy Spicy Rice Cakes
- 50g shallots; Sliced
- 40g butter
- 80g oil
- 250g risotto rice
- 35g Karimix Shrimp Relish
- 400g vegetable stock
- 200g coconut milk
- 20g coriander leaves
- 10g lemongrass; Very thinly sliced
- 2g salt
- 250g Karimix Teriyaki Orange Sauce
- 10 x 150g salmon fillets
- Marinade salmon with Karimix Teriyaki Orange Sauce for 30 minutes.
- Melt 30g butter in a heavy wide saucepan then add shallots and lemongrass.
- Add rice and fry until rice is slightly opaque.
- Add Karimix Shrimp Relish, salt, stock and coconut milk. Heat up to just before simmering point.
- Add this to the small amount to rice, stirring continuously until absorbed before adding more. Continue until risotto is cooked.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Transfer cooked risotto to a tray and pressed to compact into a cake.
- Leave to cook, the cut into squares.
- Grill salmon fillets.
- Heat up a frying pan with 10g butter and 80g oil. When hot, fry rice squares on one side until lightly brown and crispy. Turn over and repeat.
- Drain rice cakes and serve with salmon fillet.