Poussin with Spicy Tamarind Rice
- 1 x 400g poussin
- 25ml Karimix Tamarind & Garlic Sauce
- 200g cooked rice
- 30g sliced spring onions
- 20g roasted cashew nuts
- 30g sliced Pappadew, sweet pickled peppers
- 35g Karimix Tamarind & Garlic Sauce
- Stuff the chicken with the combined stuffing ingredients.
- Brush the chicken skin with the Karimix Tamarind & Garlic Sauce, place in a roasting tray and cook in a preheated oven 180°C for 10 minutes to colour and then reduce the heat 160°C and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken and rice is cooked.
- Do not over pack the chicken with the rice stuffing, a loose packing will allow the chicken to cook out in the centre. Portion and serve with accompaniments.