Spicy Avocado & Prawn Bake
- 5 Avocado, ripe but firm
- 150g sliced button mushrooms
- 30g sliced red onions
- 25g butter
- 120g cream cheese
- 30-40ml Karimix Soy & Five Spice Sauce
- 300g cooked drained prawns
- To prepare the avocado, cut it in half lengthways around the stone, separating the two halves. Remove the stone, then, with a spoon, cut away the flesh of the avocado to a depth of 10-15cm to form a cavity, saving the avocado pieces for the filling.
- In a frying pan, lightly cook the mushrooms with the onions in the butter until soft but not coloured. Allow to cool. Cream up the cheese and mix in the Karimix Soy & Five Spice Sauce, combine this with the mushrooms, onions, avocado pieces, prawns and a little seasoning if required.
- Spoon the mixture into the cavities of the prepared avocado.
- Cut 10 rectangle piece of filo pastry double the size of the avocados, brush with oil or melted butter and fold in half to form a square, arrange the pastry on top of the filling slightly rough and wrinkled, brush with additional oil or butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in a moderate oven 160°C for 20-30 minutes depending on the firmness of the avocado.
- Serve hot with salad garnish and additional Karimix Soy & Five Spice Sauce.