Vegetable & Bean Tagine Bake
- 180g Karimix Tomato Chutney
- 20-30g Karimix Ras El Hanout Spicy Paste
- 400g new potatoes cubed
- 2 onions diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 300g carrots cubed
- 180g mixed beans (can) drained
- 240g kidney beans (can) drained
- 200g peas
- 540g grated cheese
- 3 tbls spoons tomato puree
- 8 eggs whisked
- 100ml water
- 60g curley parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbl spoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
16 large slices as a main or 14 smaller slicesas a side dish/snack
- Parboil potatoes and carrots, drain and set aside
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add oil, chopped onions and sauté for 10 mins, then
add garlic. Fry for 3 mins then add tomato puree and Karimix Tomato Chutney
- Cook for about 10 mins and then add Karimix Ras El Hanout. After 5 mins, taste
and add water and salt and pepper. This should taste saltier as this will be mixed
into a large amount of vegetable and pulse. Set aside to cook
- Drain mixed beans and kidney beans, rinse and add to a large mixing bowl.
Add thawed peas, parboiled potatoes and carrots into the bowl.
- Add grated cheese and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add whisked eggs and chopped parsley. Mix well.
- Fill a grease proof paper lined baking tray.
- Cook at 185C for 40 mins or longer, depending on the depth of tray.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with salad or vegetables.