Chicken Satay Skewers
- 300g lean chicken
- 25ml corn or peanut oil
- 75ml Karimix Satay Sauce
- 100g cucumber wedges
- 150g diced red onion pieces
- 300g cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 75ml Karimix Peanut Satay Relish
- 100ml coconut cream
- 50g peanut butter
- Cut the chicken into thin strips suitable to thread onto wooden skewers.
- Marinade the chicken pieces for 2-3 hours in Karimix Satay Sauce, along with the corn oil.
- Make up the sauce by combining all the ingredients together. Bring to a boil in a saucepan. Add additional coconut cream if a little thick.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and chargrill BBQ until cooked.
- Compact hot rice into a square dish. Allow it to cool, then cut into 20mm cubes.
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients together well in a bowl.
- Server on a platter with a bowl of dipping sauce, diced red onions and cucumber pieces.