Serves: 2 as a starter
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 250g diced potato
- Optional: diced celery and leek
- 60g salmon, skinned and diced into cubes the same size as potato
- 60g/4 tbsp Karimix Shrimp Relish
- 1 dessertspoon oil
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- 250ml chicken stock or vegetable stock diluted
- Heat up oil in a heavy based saucepan.
- Fry onions until translucent.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add Karimix Shrimp Relish and stir well.
- Add milk, water and stock.
- Coat the salmon with flour.
- Once the chowder is simmering gently, add salmon cubes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Do now allow to boil.
- Serve! Garnish with croutons and grated gruyere cheese if required.
Spread Karimix Tomato Chutney
on a small slice of crouton and float on top of chowder before serving.