- Oil for frying
- 6 shallots; Chopped
- 4 red Chillies; Finely chopped
- 570g risotto rice
- Thai chicken stock (for the rice)
- 2tbs Karimix Shrimp Relish
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander; Chopped
- 20 chicken breasts
- 5tbs Karimix Citrus & Lemongrass Sauce
- 10 baby bok choy; Cut into quarters
- Thickly sliced yellow and red peppers and beansprouts to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the shallots and chilli lightly. Add the rice, cook for a few minutes then slowly add the stock, little by little, as if making a risotto. Mix in the Karimix Shrimp Relish. When almost cooked, remove from the heat, mix in ½ of a tin of coconut milk, season, fold in the chopped coriander, then spread out on to a tray to chill. When ready to serve, cut into rounds and lightly fry till golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, coat the chicken breasts with the Karimix Citrus and Lemongrass Sauce and marinade for 6 hours. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, retaining it to use later.
- In a hot pan, seal the chicken breast on both sides. Add the remaining coconut milk and the retained marinade and braise gently until cooked through.
- Serve thick slices of chicken breast piled on top of a fried rice cake with steamed bok choy, garnished with the peppers and beansprouts and a generous spoonful of cooking liquor.