- 60g Karimix Rendang Curry Paste
- ½ onion diced
- 500g beef, lamb or chicken, cubed
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 250 ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 kaffir leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan until hot.
- Add onions and Karimix Rendang Curry Paste and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add meat or chicken and stir until the cubes are well coated in the paste. Stir well for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and water. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add kaffir leaves, soy sauce. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer very gently for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or paratha bread.